Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stuffy Noses and Going Back to School

It has been a pretty uneventful couple of days! Ike has been sick with a cold, keeping all of us awake when we should be sleeping. Good thing he has a cute smile!!
Today my parents came up to see us and the kids before they headed to Minnesota. We love seeing them and are very greatful to have them around. However we will miss them dearly over the holidays!!! This will be my first Christmas away from them! It's weird to think of making my own holiday traditions with my family. I just don't feel like I'm old enough to not have Christmas with my family. I guess it was bound to happen one day or another, I guess we are going on Hailey's 3rd Christmas. It's probably about that time! That time to grow up.
Also I will be starting school in February!!! I decided there's no time like the present to go back. One of Jason and my close friends works for an online university and it just seemed right. I have wanted to go back for some amount of time now, however I just didn't think I had the time. Going online solves all of that! So in a few years you will be able to refer to me as Mrs. Jensen Elementary School Teacher!!! Yes, I do know that this seems like and odd occupation for me to chose, but I took all factors into consideration. Mainly the factor that I want to be at home with my kids as much as possible. And as a teacher I will be able to have similar days off to the kids, so it should work out great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you are going back to school. It is wonderful to know you are getting what you want. That is so great. Christmas away from family...is hard. I know. I am away this year too...and it isn't the same. But you will have a great holiday and it will be one that you treasure.c

Kalynne said...

Yeah! Is it official-you're enrolled? Was Whitney nice to ya? ;) I am very excited for you...it will be tough but don't give up, you can do it! You'll be a fabulous teacher.